Friday 2 May 2014

Nantes.... What a beautiful city

We had a wonderful time in Nantes last week. Sorry for the delay in posting but blogger was a little tricky! Every time I tried to post the inner workings popped up in French! I did manage to communicate face to face but not on a small electronic device written in a language unknown to me.... :)

Here are some of the highlights....

We visited the large walking elephant at Le Machine des I'les..... wow how fantastic is this!


We walked the walls of the ancient city.... beautiful! A wonderful day in sunny, but cold weather!


And ate in this magnificent restaurant.... Le Cigale. Every wall was covered in the most amazing display of tiles. The interior dates back to the 1920's and is largely still in its original state!!


We have been there and back again, how time flies. This will be a city that will stay in my memory forever. Maybe there will be a return trip one day! Would you like to come too!

Until then, Karen 

4 comments:

  1. It is magical, isn't it? Polly said you had a nice visit in Nantes. I'm hoping to get back there soon. See you in a couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen
    Nice to see you again - will miss Pittsburg but see you in Houston
    We also dined at La Cigale, wanted my husband to see it - Laurie and I were there last year
    Yes Nantes is a lovely city - and it was a great show
    Polly Minick
    Minick & Simpson

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen. Karen you asked in your blog above, would we love to come too? That sounds like a great idea. Are u thinking of planning a tour etc.
    Regards,
    Karen B
    Sth Australia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Karen,
    My name is Graziella and I'm from Italy. My friends have been making patchwork for many years. They saw your amazing quilt published on QuiltMania n.100 and they would like to know which fabric you used for the central part (the one with the flower bouquet), in order to make a special Quilt for a friend recently gone. I hope you will be able to help us, I leave you my email

    Thank you for everything and congrats for your beautiful creations!
    Hope to hear from you soon.

    Graziella Ambrogio, graziella.ambrogio@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete